Pistachio pesto is a fresh and aromatic preparation that enhances the unique and unmistakable flavor of these fruits. From Sicily, Bronte’s pistachio are the best that you can find.
The secret to obtaining an exquisite pesto is undoubtedly that of using top quality pistachios. Making it is simple: prepare a mixture of freshly seared pistachios and season with basil, parmesan and lemon zest.
INGREDIENTS FOR 400 GR OF PESTO
Unsalted unsalted pistachios from Bronte(shelled) 200 g
Grana Padano DOP (to be grated) 35 g
½ clove garlic
Extra virgin olive oil 100 ml
Water 100 ml
Basil 3 leaves
PREPARATION HOW TO PREPARE THE PISTACHIO PESTO
1) To make the pistachio pesto, start by placing a pot full of water on the fire, bring to the boil and then pour the shelled pistachios
2) Cook for 5 minutes or the time necessary to soften the peel then drain the pistachios
3) Remove the pistachio peel and collect them in a small bowl
4) Transfer the pistachios to a mixer, pour the olive oil, the grated Grana Padano cheese, the basil leaves, half a clove of garlic and the grated zest of half a lemon
5) Operate the blades for a few moments and then pour the water, salt, pepper and operate the blades again
6) Blend the mixture until a homogeneous cream is obtained
Store the pistachio pesto in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in a jar or freeze it.